Just in case
Reconstruction is an elegant tool to regain lost or non up-to-date ETS project data. This work can be done by the Reconstruction tool.
- Full or partial reading of programmed devices of an EIB / KNX system with parameter settings and group address assignments.
- EIB / KNX systems that were created with ETS1, ETS2 or ETS3 can also be read if the product data (*.vdx or *.knxprod) is available.
- Compare the read data with the configuration data
- Convert data read into an ETS project. Thus, lost or unavailable configuration data can be restored.
Reconstruction is also available as ETS4/ETS5 App. Read more.
These data can be reconstructed:
- Topology (areas and lines)
- Individual Address
- used application program
- Parameter settings
- Communcation object flags and priority
- Assigned group addresses
These data are not programmed into the device and therefore cannot be reconstructed:
- Building and function structure
- Names and descriptions of areas, lines, devices and group addresses
Limitations: In some cases, reconstruction may fail or be incomplete:
- Devices locked with an unknown BCU password cannot be read.
- Devices that are programmed with plug-ins (add-on software) can only be read and reconstructed if the manufacturer supports this (with a corresponding reconstruction plugin).
- Some application programs contain parameters that are not programmed into the device (eg comments on the documentation). This functionally insignificant parameters can therefore also not be reconstructed.
- Application programs may exist, whose complex parameter dependencies of the Reconstruction app cannot be completely resolved. The Reconstruction app then issues an appropriate message. Please contact our support in this case, we will try to find a solution.
Here you can get the manual with detailed information.
A list of the IDs for manufacturers of KNX devices is available here: Manufacturer ID.pdf (70 KB - 04/10).
Specific Information on Reconstruction for ETS3
- Missing product data can now be imported from within the Reconstruction tool.
For registered customers, a CD is available with individual vd4 files for thousands of application programs; the Reconstruction tool searches automatically for matching vd4 files containing the missing product data. We send you gladly the current product CD for a charge of 26,00 EUR net. Owners of the reconstruction 2.0 need additionally the upgrade liable to pay costs to the version 2.2 for the operability of the CD.
- Reconstruct single Devices is possible from Version 2.1
If you have a Reconstruction 2.0 license, these function are not available. If you want to use the new functions you may order a dongle upgrade to version 2.1/2.2 (price: 30,00 EUR). Please send us the rtc file of your dongle inthis case.
- The available functions in Reconstruction may be restricted by the used ETS3 license.
Details can be found in the ETS3 online help.
If Reconstruction is used without license (key), it runs in Demo mode with the following restrictions:
- No project files can be loaded or saved.
- Only devices with addresses in the range 1.1.1 to 1.1.10 are read out and reconstructed.
- The read data can be reconstructed only into a new project.
- The function Update Project is not available.